tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 29 04:10:50 2001

Re: KLBC: ghIj

Jiri:
> > >I'd probably recast - perhaps <<lut ngo'qu'>> (ancient story),
> > >corresponding to the English expression "tales of old".

Sean:
> > So how about {qaStaHvIS jajmey ngu'qo'} or {qaStaHvIS jajmey tIQ}?

DloraH:
> Watch your suffixes.  (-qu', not -qo')

(and ngo' not ngu')

> Ya, this works ok.  I think in this context tIQ is better than ngu'qu'.

Of course. Didn't realize there is a word `ancient'. <<lut tIQ>> 'oHjaj.

I intended recasting the whole thing so that instead of using it as a time
stamp (in ancient times) one would use it to describe the story in the
first sentence (this is a tale of old); perhaps repeated at end for
emphasis and/or symmetry.

	lutna' tIQ 'oH lutvam
	lutna' tIQ qajatlh

Jiri