tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 20 02:30:14 2001

Re: QamvIS Hegh, torvIS yIn

> > > QamvIS Hegh qaq law, torvIS yIn qaq puS.
> >   "Better to die on our feet than live on our knees." ST6

DloraH:
> But as SuStel points out, the V-(taH)vIS would then be modifying a noun.

Perhaps it could be claimed it's modifying a sentence, one which consists
of only a noun phrase...

More preferable death, standing; less preferable life, kneeling.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <[email protected]>           http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jirib
  MAT LinuxPLC project --- http://mat.sf.net --- Machine Automation Tools