tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 19 13:36:38 2001

Re: KLBC: They never shut up...

> To say someone is "long winded", which of the following phrase would
> be proper...

None.
To say this you need to translate what you mean, not just translate the english
words.
jatlh 'e' mevQo' - he won't stop talking.

> SuS nI'taH
> N: SuS: wind, breeze
> V: nI'taH: he/she/it/they is/are long, lengthy (duration) (on-going)
>
> SuS nI'
> N: SuS: wind, breeze
> V: nI': he/she/it/they is/are long, lengthy (duration)

nI' can mean "He is lengthy (in duration)".  I guess that would mean he's old.
But SuS isn't connected in anyway.
nI' does not take an object.  You can't "be lengthy the journey".

nI' SuSchaj - Their wind is lengthy (in duration).
Hmm, would a klingon connect that with speaking?
A human tourist could say it to another human tourist.

DloraH

Back to archive top level