tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 19 00:12:38 2001

KLBC RE: latlh nay bangwI' ngo'

> 'oy' 'e' viSov.  javben nay bangwI' ngo'.  DaH wej puq lughaj ghaH loDnal
je.

Check your upper-case and lower-case letters.

The prefix lu- is (they / him), singular object.  So if puq is singular that
forces wej to mean "not yet".
"Now, they don't have kids yet."
If they have three kids the object is plural.  (they / them) is without a
prefix.

> *Later*, be' vIghom.  bangwI' ghaH 'e' vineH.  'ach neHbe' ghaH.  mejpu'.

Again, case-sensitive.
neH is an exception to the Sentence-As-Object rule and does not require 'e'.

This sentence has a time frame to it.  A time frame of you meeting her and
wanting her.  You did not change the time-stamp after [neHbe' ghaH], so
mejpu' is part of this time frame.  -pu' implies that the action is
completed.  While you met and wanted her, she had ALREADY left.

> DaH *France*Daq Dab.

Dab doesn't need -Daq on its noun.
DaH France Dab.

> ngugh 'oy' law', DaH 'oy' puS.

A Q law' B Q puS
ngugh and DaH are adverbs.  A and B must be nouns.

> *Eventually* puSchoH 'oy'.
> Can I use {puS} with a non-count noun?

I belive you can.  Voragh, what canon do we have for nouns and puS (or
law')?

> tugh paw *TKD* 'e' vItul.

You don't have TKD yet?  How did you write this message?

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level