tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 17 22:01:26 2001

RE: KLBC qun

> How would I best say:
>      "Warriors live in the present, civilization (Empire, or
> Citizens(?)) goes on into the future."

yInlI' SuvwI'pu', taHtaH tayqeq.

Or to make a better connection in the comparison, use the same root verb.
taHlI' SuvwI'pu', taHtaH tayqeq.

> This is something that should be paired before the already known
> phrase:
>      qun luqon yaywI’
>           “It is the victors who write the history.”

yay is a noun, and even as a noun it wouldn't take the suffix -wI'.  Victory
isn't a being capable of language.

As Voragh mentioned, the canon example is:
  qun qon charghwI'pu''e'
  History is written by the victors. TKW
(I find this interesting.  That should be luqon.)

> Alternatively, how would I best say:
>     "History is written, it’s up to us to live the future."
>
> qonpu' qon. SepDaq tu'Ha' yIntaH maH (?)

You lost me on that first sentence.
qun qonlu'pu'

tu' is "discover, find", not "be discovered, be found"; so it can't be used
as an adjective.
Sep tu'lu'pu'be'bogh.  The discussion of this phrase has been going on in
another thread.  Personally I prefer qo'.  Be sure to read the whole
definition of qo', not just the first word; "world, REALM".  For the idea of
the giant piece of rock we live on we have yuQ.  My english dictionary does
not define world as a planet.

qo' tu'lu'pu'be'bogh. OK; but now we have the problem of:  qo' is the object
of the -bogh phrase.  How do we put a -Daq in there?  Plus, will the reader
know you are refering to the future?

qun qonlu'pu'.  mataHnIStaH maH.

> Qor'etlh ghoj'wI'

ghojwI'