tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 16 13:35:32 2001

RE: KLBC: vulqan Hol tlhIngan mu'mey je

First Last:
> vulqan paq ghItlh'a' Okrand?

DloraH:
: paq tu'be'lu'law'.
: Not to my knowledge.

No, he never did.

: De'wI' ghom'a'Daq De' vIlegh, 'ach mu'meyvetlh qon 'Iv?
: I've seen data on the internet, but who wrote those words?

You're probably thinking of Marketa Zvelebil's brief grammar outline and
glossary, which has been around for several years now.  See her site at:

  http://www.ludwig.ucl.ac.uk/st/StarTrek/Vulcan/Vulcan.html

Marketa's version of "Modern Standard Vulcan", also called the "Zvelebil
Construct" (ZC), is slowly being developed by the Vulcan Academy Linguistics
Department (VALD) on the vulcan-linguistics mailing list.  See their site at:

  http://www.lasatha.org/vald/

Another version of Vulcan, ancient High ("Golic") Vulcan was developed by Mark
Gardner et al. at the Vulcan Language Institute (VLI):

  http://home.teleport.com/~vli/vlif.htm

Cf. also the Vulcan Language Database:

  http://www.pinette.net/chris/startrek/vulcan.html

For those interested, the vulcan-linguistics mailing list is fairly active now
discussing the bits of generally untranslated "Paramount Vulcan" we're hearing
on the new ENTERPRISE series, which is totally unlike any of the above fan
languages.  To subscribe to the list, write the list owner at:

  [email protected]

yIn nI' yISIQ 'ej yIchep!  (LL&P)

--
Voragh