tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 09 17:58:30 2001

Re: Help for someone new!

jIjatlhpu':
 > <<wen>> nIbbogh mu' 'oH "months ago"'e'.
 > However, I could be wrong again... :)

SuStel ja':
>/nIb/ means "be identical."  Do you really think that can take an object?
>That'd be like saying */Duj vIQuch/ "I am happy the ship."

HISlaH. You are correct - my second attempt is

nIb <<wen>> "months ago" je.

>I'm not sure of your ultimate meaning here.  Perhaps you should try again.

What I mean is "The word <<wen>> means "months ago"". I couldn't find a verb
which signifies the "to mean" meaning well enough - there's one which is "to
mean to" but I didn't think that was correct (nor did I think this verb was
suitable).

I didn't really mean to give <<nIb>> an object, honest! :) I obviously have
much more work to do before I reach a decent conversational standard...

Further to the pronoun-as-verb construction: Is there an equivalent
comparative structure to "I am more of a man than you are", or is this
circumlocution material?

Qapla' 'ej Satlho'

ro'Han