tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 09 13:32:35 2001

Qu'na'maj (was Re: Strange Coincidence

batlh ghItlhta' tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pIn'a' quv:
>I wrote that a few years ago. Now I've reread it. And you're right. The KLI
>exists for everyone who studies Klingon. This situation hasn't changed. But
>this list is not the same as our institute. We need to remember that. And
>we need to remember their goals. The purposes differ.

Maybe I should have referred to this link:

http://higbee.cots.net/~holtej/klingon/welcome.htm

But the wording there seems to be even less stringent (in some ways) than
the Qu' of the KLI. To quote the list admin, "The purpose of the
tlhIngan-Hol mailing list is to provide a forum for people to exercise their
Klingon language skills." Notwithstanding the coincidental fact that we only
know extensively about one Klingon language, discussion of other Klingon
languages is welcome.

wej Sovlu' 'ach... if Vulcan gets published, how many of us here would
pursue that interest?

--
Andrew Strader
Erfðagreining Íslands