tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 02 19:20:07 2001

Re: wa' Qebna'

Marc:
> chaq bomvam Damughchu'meH, *Mordor* ngan Hol bom mu' Dalo'nIS ;->

>         Gakh Nazgi Ilid Albai Golug-durub-uuri lata-nuut.

*elf* jawpu'vaD                        [1]
  wej Qebna' bIH
    chalchaj bIngDaq chaH

>         Udu takob-ishiz gund-ob Gazat-shakh-uuri.

*dwarf* jawpu'vaD
  Soch Qebna' bIH
    naghchaj vaSDaq chaH               [2]

>         Krith Shara-uuri matuurz matat duumpuga.

loDpu' jubbe'vaD
  Hut Qebna' bIH
    Sanmo' HeghwI' chaH

>         Ash tug Shakhbuurz-uur Uliima-tab-ishi za,

mIghghach jawna'vaD                    [3]
  wa' Qebna' 'oH
    quS'a' mIghDaq ghaH

[1] counting *elf* as two syllables here; it probably would be
[2] ``in the halls of their stone'', I know
[3] in parallel with the other lines; otherwise just <<jaw mIghvaD>>

Of course, if I want it to fit with the stuff I posted yesterday, I'd have
to re-cast the whole lot in the 1st person, switching 1st persons as I go
along...

*elf* jawpu'vaD
  wej Qebna' bIH
    chalmaj bIngDaq maH
*dwarf* jawpu'vaD
  Soch Qebna' bIH
    naghmaj vaSDaq maH
loDpu' jubbe'vaD
  Hut Qebna' bIH
    Sanmo' HeghwI' maH
mIghghach jawna'vaD
  wa' Qebna' 'oH
    quS'a' mIghDaq jIH

Hmm, not sure if that's a good idea or not...

And, irrelevantly from the middle of the book...
  jup yIjatlh vaj yI'el
  speak friend and enter

Jiri
--