tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 02 20:10:46 2001

KLBC: vaj

>   jup yIjatlh vaj yI'el
>   speak friend and enter

So {vaj} can be used in a temporal sense, i.e., do one thing and then do
another?  I thought it was for results, i.e., the 'therefore' or 'if-then'
sense of the English word.  (In Finnish they have different words for these
concepts, so I'm wondering if Klingon follows the English usage here.)  (Of
course, theoretically, the 'therefore' sense applies in this case anyway, in
that speaking 'friend' resulted in the door opening.)

Also, if I had TKD, KGT, and the word list at the KLI site, would I have all
the words in the canon?  I guess what I'm really asking is, does the KLI
word list contain all the canon words that were not published in the
glossaries of those two books?