tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 02 18:41:25 2001

Re: Artificial languages (was RE: Enterprise)

Daniela: I am currently writing a paper about negation in different
artificial languages

David:
> (though there are elements that are clearly influenced by English, though
> probably not intended to be--the "prefix trick" is one of those),

And, probably, fair chunks of negation... TKD doesn't even bother to
specify how words like ``never'' are used, beyond giving their glosses and
noting they go at the beginning of the sentence.

One suspects that their usage was not particularly consciously designed.
(I have perhaps the problem here that my two primary languages differ in
this usage.)

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <[email protected]>