tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 28 18:25:46 2001

Re: yem! (was Re: Klingon WOTD: wem (n))

ja' qurgh:
>"yem" ghaj tlhInganpu' 'e' vISovbe'. chay' yem tlhIngan?
>I always thought sin was a religious thing, and Klingons don't really have a
>religion. If a Klingon does something dishonourable, is that a Klingon sin?

yemlu'meH 'utbe' lalDan.  ghob'e' pabnISlu' je.
motlh lalDan chut 'oHbe' ghob'e'.

tlhIngan lalDan Daba' vaj batlh ghob.

>To me, sins are things created by the church in order to bring in money,
>seems like a very human idea to have a Klingon word for...

To "sin" is merely to break an established rule of society.  I see the
religious meaning of the word as a specialized usage.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level