tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 24 02:41:42 2001

Re: Klingon translation interest

Mark:
> His website is where he shares his main projects. He releases them all
> for free. He has people who help him. I do not understand why he has
> never charged for them because he spends very much time working on them.
> Something about the BBS code, he says. I do not get that.

Ah, the hacker ethic...

  *hacker* ghob 'oHlaw'...

:hacker ethic: n. 1. The belief that information-sharing is a powerful
positive good, and that it is an ethical duty of hackers to share their
expertise by writing open-source code and facilitating access to
information and to computing resources wherever possible. [...]

  :*hacker* ghob: (n) 1. HochvaD De' nob 'e' QaQqu'ghachna' 'e' Har
  *hacker*.  Qu''e' ghajneSbogh *hacker*, HochvaD po'mo' nobmeH, laDmeH
  Hoch ghun 'e' 'oH 'ej DuHHa'be'chugh De'Daq De'wI'Daq je naw' ngeDmoH 'e'

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <[email protected]>           http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jirib
  MAT LinuxPLC project --- http://mat.sf.net --- Machine Automation Tools