tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 23 02:29:52 2001

Re: Klingon WOTD: tlhIngan yejquv (n)

CanadaDaq quprIp 'oHba' Senate'e'.  Cabinet vIDelmeH yejquv
vIlo'qang.  UKDaq quprIp rur House of Lords.  United NationsvaD yejquv,
Hung yejquv joq 'oHlaw' Security Council'e'.  USADaq tlhIngan quprIp,
yejquv joq rurbe' Senate, House of Representatives joq.

When speaking of a foreign type of assembly in English, we either just use
that country's word or we qualify one of our words with "a sort of." I am
not sure of the structure of the Duma in Poland, but speaking of it in
English I prefer Duma, but might say Poland's legislative assembly.

tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhchugh, vaj <Duma> <Poland quprIp rurbogh yej'an'e'>
<Poland yejquv> joq jIjatlh

Back to archive top level