tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 16 10:04:13 2001

RE: Klingon WOTD: rap (v)

> This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Friday, November 16, 2001.
>
> Klingon word:   rap
> Part of Speech: verb
> Definition:     same, to be the same as

It was just pointed out to me that TKD defines this "be the same", not "be
the same as".  Adding that extra "as" on the end implies that the verb is
transitive, which is an unfounded assumption.

DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'.

I did a cursory search through my canon collection and didn't see any
examples of {rap}.  I'm sure Voragh has a more thorough set than I do
though.

--Holtej 'utlh

tlhIngan-Hol Mailing List FAQ