tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 30 18:56:38 2001

Same error twice

sorry all... the sentence I sent out as

tlhIngan mu' ghaHHey <<loDnI'>>

*should* use <<'oH>> as charghwI' did point out last time I sent this. I
have made the same mistake twice - Satlho'.

But charghwI' *did* say that the word <<ghaH>> should take the suffix
<<-Hey>>:

(10 May, 2001)

>While a person who is a brother may be a {ghaH}, the word itself is still
>an
>{'oH}, and if you are unsure that {loDnI'} is the word, I'd prefer putting
>the uncertainty on the pronoun-as-verb instead of on the noun, since you
>don't mean that the apparent {loDnI'} is the word. You mean that {loDnI'}
>is
>apparently the word.

or have I misunderstood this, and used a noun suffix where a verb one would
be more appropriate? Can these pronouns-as-verbs take verb suffixes?

Qapla' 'ej Satlho'

ro'Han