tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 30 20:42:01 2001

RE: A little Poetry

Satlho' - I've just been enlightened as to the purposes of some verb and
noun suffixes as being almost identical...

-bej vs -na' "definitely, certainly"
-law' vs -Hey "apparently, seemingly"

Many thanks for clearing that up. The reasons I used <<-Hey>> and not
<<-law'>> were:

1) My belief that pronouns really were nouns, and stood as such everywhere
through the sentence. Recent discussion has proved that they can, in fact,
be used as verbs (perhaps, the only irregular Klingon verb? Why is it that
the verb "to be" would seem always NOT to be regular? :)

2) I was unaware of the similarity of usage between these two suffixes.

3) I stupidly believed I had a good grasp of Klingon :) where I've only been
studying a little while. Maybe I should use the KLBC a little more than I
do...

Qapla' 'ej Satlho'

ro'Han