tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 23 09:09:42 2001

Re: KLBC: Grammer questions

>lab Paul McIntosh
         Paul McIntosh jIHbe'. puqbe' jIH. ("e-mail address"maj rap.)

> Why are there many sticky things under my bed?
     QongDaqwIj bingDaq Hum law' tu'lu' qatlh?

> Are there blue cups in the kitchen (galley)?
       vutpa'Daq HIvje' SuD tu'lu''a'?

> Can you disassemble my attitude control thrusters and that control panel?
       lolSeHchawIj, SeHlawvetlh je bolaghlaH?

> Will the children attack each other tomorrow?
        wa'leS HIvchuq puqpu'?

> Were your neighbour's targs noisy yesterday?
       wa'Hu' chuS jIllI' targhmey'a'?
      (I didn't mean to add "ram". And the verb suffix on the noun is
actually meant to be "your", not "in progress")

>Interesting that you changed "yesterday" to "last >night."   There's a verb
prefix on a noun here.
          I didn't mean to add "ram", and <lI'> was meant to be used as
"your", not "in progress".

> I was an officer before the Romulans destroyed the base.
     waw' luQaw'pa' romuluSnganpu', yaS jIH.

>Next assignment:
>Translate the sentences below, and then go >back and check that your
>prefixes and your word order is correct in every >clause.
     I'll do those next, I don't have time right now.

>Please also tell me if you have the first edition (pocket book size, blue)
>or the second edition (trade paperback size, white with three Klingon faces
>on the cover) of TKD.  Here I have given you grammar and vocabulary that
>can be found in the first edition alone.

       I have the second edition. I don't have KGT.

                                          ---qonwI'

Back to archive top level