tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 22 15:01:04 2001

Re: Balticon

From: "Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen" <[email protected]>

> The fine folks at Balticon have asked me to do a reading. Unlike the many
> other author readings at the convention, this will be something different.
> For one thing, it will be the first time anyone has ever done a reading in
> Klingon at Balticon (or any other science fiction convention).

A few people and I put on two scenes from Hamlet a few years back at I-CON.
I taught them to pronounce the lines, though they didn't actually learn the
language, and we still had to read from scripts.  And we had no budget.  The
people who videotaped it promised to send me a copy, but never did.  I also
never heard that anyone joined the KLI thanks to my flyer-passing-out
activities and hoarseness-inducing explanations.  At least I got to go to
that I-CON for free.

SuStel
Stardate 1390.6

Back to archive top level