tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 22 12:00:02 2001

Balticon

The fine folks at Balticon have asked me to do a reading. Unlike the many
other author readings at the convention, this will be something different.
For one thing, it will be the first time anyone has ever done a reading in
Klingon at Balticon (or any other science fiction convention). For another,
it will be the first time my story, <<jubHa'>>, will be heard aloud since
it was published in STRANGE NEW WORLDS III. The story was published without
a translation, and this will also be the first time a translation has ever
been provided.

But wait, there's more.

What I'd like to do is not simply read it, but turn it into a group event.
Most of the story is dialogue. I'm hoping to have a few stalwart warriors
present who will bravely volunteer to participate. Failing that, I'll just
do the whole thing myself.

The reading is scheduled for 3 PM Saturday in the Jefferson Room, on the
Cabana Level of the Wyndham Hotel's North Tower. If you're planning to be
at Balticon anyway, I hope you will attend.

taHjaj wo',

Lawrence

Back to archive top level