tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 15 18:56:30 2001

RE: Newbie: Question

ja' qe'San:
>Pants is just a slang word. I don't know if I can explain but if someone
>said my tlhIngan Hol was pants it would be a derogative remark about my
>tlhIngan Hol or equating it to a pair of underpants.  I hope that makes
>sense and it isn't pants!

I'm certain that the "correct" translation would not have anything to do
with pants, as the equivalent Klingon word does not have that slang
connotation.  Try {yIntagh} instead, perhaps, or maybe {ngIb}.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level