tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 15 15:50:49 2001

RE: Newbie: Question

Sorry for jumping in but Comic Relief or Red Nose Day is almost here so
here's my two pence worth

I think the suffix -Ha' would better suit to make the verb unprosperous from
chepHa' .

As you mention below the larger saying is "Say 'pants' to poverty"
so I'd possibly make it  {imp:you say "pants" to (the) poverty"}

chepHa'ghachvaD yopwaH yIjatlh

> There isn't a word for pants either.

NB: I haven't tried to tackle underpants as is meant but just used the word
for trousers {yopwaH}

Another thing to bare in mind is that whatever you say with regard to pants
here may confuse the hell out of a Klingon, should they not be up on this
terran slang word. Its just particularly apt as its being used in
advertising with a certain washing powder aiding the charity.

> There is yIvbeH for tunic so
> bIngyIvbeH for under-tunic?
> Or tuQmoH is put on clothes, so it moH is the suffix for
> cause tuQmoH is
> cause tuQ. So tuQHom for little clothes?
> I couldn't work out how to say Pants to Poverty (or Lack of Riches to
> little clothers) so I used the larger slogan, Say Pants to
> Poverty and made
>
> chepbe'ghach pejatlh tuQHom
>
> Anyway as you can see I am completely unable to do this, and
> I could do
> with some help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Robert

nIteb Qob qaD jup 'e' chaw'be' SuvwI'
A warrior doesn't let a friend face danger alone.

qe'San

Back to archive top level