tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 15 13:48:38 2001

Newbie: Question

Robert jIpong'egh

I'm sure that isn't right because I saw something about pong being an
awkward verb in the FAQ.

As UK people will know Comic Relief is starting soon and the slogan is
'Pants to Poverty'. I was trying to work out how to render this in Klingon
and was wondering if someone might be able to help. This is how far I got:

(I have the Dictionary but nothing else)

I can find no word for poverty, but chep is the verb for be prosperous so I
thought chepbe'ghach could be used for poverty.
There isn't a word for pants either. There is yIvbeH for tunic so
bIngyIvbeH for under-tunic?
Or tuQmoH is put on clothes, so it moH is the suffix for cause tuQmoH is
cause tuQ. So tuQHom for little clothes?
I couldn't work out how to say Pants to Poverty (or Lack of Riches to
little clothers) so I used the larger slogan, Say Pants to Poverty and made

chepbe'ghach pejatlh tuQHom

Anyway as you can see I am completely unable to do this, and I could do
with some help.

Thanks

Robert

Back to archive top level