tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 13 12:59:36 2001

RE: KLBC: first post-klbc

quraq said:

> >nuqneH ghItlhwI'
> >quraq 'oH pongwIj'e'.

qonwI' replied:

> nuqneH quraq.
> By the way, I'm changing my name to qonwI', because it's a closer
> translation to what I wanted my name to mean.

Just a comment on using {nuqneH}:
{nuqneH} is listed as a greeting in TKD. However, Klingons are typically
straightforward and probably don't say {nuqneH} to each other every time
they meet. You would just use {nuqneH} in response to someone. For example,
if a Klingon's telephone rings and he picks it up, he probably would say
{nuqneH}. The Klingon who made the call would just state his name and
business, rather
than replying with {nuqneH}. So if he was following Klingon customs, quraq
could just introduce himself here, and only qonwI' would reply with
{nuqneH}.

- taD