tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 13 12:58:19 2001

RE: KLBC: first post

qonwI' said:

> This is the translation for what I was meaning to say:
>
> My name is ghItlhwI' [I love to write, so I thought this would be a good
> Klingon name-- let me know if there are any problems with it]. I am
> frustrated because the grammer is strange. My grammer is bad. Can you
> understand me?

I commented on most of this already, and Qov helpfully pointed out the
message in the archives.

> Here's how I wrote it in Klingon:

[stuff I already commented omitted]

> jImogh pab Hujmo'.

OK, now we know what the English is. "I am frustrated because the grammer is
strange."
The only thing that needs to be changed with the Klingon version is the word
order. The verb phrase "because the grammar is strange" still needs to
follow object-verb-subject word order. So it should be {...Hujmo' pab}.

- taD