tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 08 13:42:26 2001

Re: Franklin Mint Klingon Watch (pIqaD related)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Steven Boozer wrote:

> Where precisely does the registered trademark symbol - the circled (R) - appear
> on the watch?  If it's after the words "Klingon" or "Star Trek", this means
> that the words "Klingon" and "Star Trek" are Paramount trademarks, not the
> watch.  If you look on the covers of TKD, KGT, TKW, etc., you'll often see
> every occurrence of "Klingon" and "Star Trek" so labeled.  What this means is
> that the Franklin Mint is officially licensed by Paramount to use its
> trademarks and sell Star Trek(R) and Klingon(R) related merchandise, as is the
> KLI.

When you flip open the watch, on the inside of the lid is a couple of
views of a bop, a top view and a front view. Then in very small letters
by where the clasp clips onto the lid it has "TM & (C) 2000 Par. Pic."

It's a fair distance from the bop shots, so I'm guessing they are meaning
it to cover the whole watch.... If you want I can take pictures with my
digital camera?

qurgh

Back to archive top level