tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 28 15:28:09 2001

RE: KLBC: Octopus

--- "Stauffer, Tad E (staufte7)" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> 	chorgh DesDu' jon ghaj.

> It looks like you made a look-up error for the word "be long".
> {jon} is the
> verb "to capture"; {tIq} ("be long") is the verb that you want
> here.

Definitely a look-up error.  I was going to write "The octopus
uses it's long arms to capture prey.", but decided to say
something more simple when I realized I was in over my head.
Any suggestions on what would work?  Maybe..

*crab* jonmeH, DesDu'Daj lo'
(it uses its arms to capture crabs)

> DaH *octopus* ngoDmey vISov!

Daj *octopus*, bIQochbe'a'?