tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 14 17:22:21 2001

Re: pa'mey

From: "Quvar valer" <[email protected]>
> By the wa, what is the plural form of the klingon word for "hotel"?
> Is {mebpa'mey} = "Hotel" or ist it "guestrooms"?

It seems clear to me that /mebpa'mey/ IS a plural word.  It literally means
"guestrooms," but a collection of guestrooms just happens to be called a
"hotel," so "hotel" is a good translation of /mebpa'mey/.  Klingon would
seem to have no singular noun meaning "hotel."

/mebpa'meymey/ would seem to be simply wrong.

In a sentence, /mebpa'mey/ would be treated as plural:

mebpa'mey DIghoS.
We head for the hotel.
(not /mebpa'mey wIghoS/)

SuStel