tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 07 19:59:58 2001

Block the Fist!

This song came to me today... um, I mean, this song was recently found in
the Klingon cultural database.  It's a tender song of loss and tragedy, of
the suddenness of separation as lovers are torn from each other in war.  It
is called "Block the Fist" and in a few short lines it sketches the frantic
communications as a ship is under attack: "block the attacking fist!" says
the pilot's lover, from the home base or some other location.  The pilot
tries to escape, but is thwarted by mechanical failures.  Vainly, they try
to re-establish communication, and rail at how so much warfare in the world
has torn lovers apart:

ro', ro', ro' yIbot!
jItlheD. Daw' nguSDI'.
marI'lI'. marI'lI'. marI'lI'. marI'lI'.