tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 07 12:44:15 2001

Re: no'

> which suffix would be used for "my ancestors"?
>
> a [tuq] is not capable of language.
> a [mangghom] is not capable of language.
>
> on which side does [no'] fall?

That no' refers to a group does not contradict using -wI'.  After all,
you would use -wI' with any regular plural noun, if the singular
referred to a person.  Example: loDnI'pu'wI'

That no' refers to a person who may be long dead doesn't strike me as a
problem.  They were capable of using language when they were alive, and
we are not talking about the dust they have become.

I agree with tuqwIj and mangghomraj.  I think qorDu'maj, is correct,
too, but in conversation I bet I say qorDu'ma'.

=====
Qov - pab 'utlh
bI*yahoo* pagh bI*yahoo*be': jISaHbe' jIH.