tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 05 18:46:03 2001

Re: KLBC: 'ol

>Mark Okrand wrote in one of his infrequent posts to the Paramount-sponsored
>newsgroup startrek.klingon (11/05/1999):
>

>In addition to {ngugh}, there is an idiomatic expression involving the
>suffix
>{-DI'} "when, as soon as" used to mean "by that time, by the time that
>[something] occurred (or will occur)." The event that has occurred (or will
>occur) is typically expressed in the immediately preceding sentence or
>clause,
>though it could have been uttered earlier.

Ahhh...thanks for your help.

Are there any more idioms that aren't in the idioms section of KGT? From
TKW, I have {Hovmey Davan), (pe''egh) and (pIpyuS yIghor!) From the
"Language Gaffes" section of KGT, I have (ro'lIj HI'ang!) From post-KGT
sources, I have (tIngvo' 'evDaq chanDaq), ('arlogh Qoylu'pu'?), and now
(pumDI' 'etlh)