tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 23 16:17:50 2001

Re: OCLC and Klingon <RE: Any Lawyers here>

: argh! Not OCLC records, not here too!

Dat OCLC tu'lu'!

: DaH, tlhIngan Hol vIghItlhnIS, toH vay' vIghItlh. Steven, paq mem
: chenmoHwI' SoH'a'?

HIja'.  Chicago DuSaQ'a' paqmey vaS'a'Daq paq qub buvwI' jIH.  (I'm a rare book
cataloger at The University of Chicago [Main] Library).

: chay' "library" wImugh? paqqach...

*{paqqach} has been used here on the list, and the KLI translated Library of
Congress as *{yejquv paqghom} on one of its web pages.  The trouble with both
of these is that they can also refer to a book depository or warehouse.

Once I came up with the grander *{paqmey vaS} "hall of books", which I think is
somewhat more Klingon-sounding.  I can think of myself as working in the
*{paqmey vaS'a'}, or Great Hall of Books, i.e. the main/central library of the
University of Chicago.  This also lends itself nicely to *{yejquv paqmey
vaS'a'}, i.e. the Great Hall of Books of the High Council (a.k.a. The Library
of Congress).

: qurgh lungqIj
: Indiana University Libraries ;)

--