tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 20 00:46:51 2001

OCLC and Klingon <RE: Any Lawyers here>

argh! Not OCLC records, not here too!

Although, I have used OCLC records to prove to the librarians I do tech
support for that Klingon is a real language. There are also OCLC records
for jatmey and Halmet (both the orginal and the new version). I belive the
jatmey record actually has typos in it which I have *tried* to have fixed,
but since IU doesn't have any, none of the catalogers here will touch
it. :(

Just as a side note, if anyone who hasn't seen an orginal copy of Hamlet
is in Bloomington, IN, they should visit the Lilly Library as it has a
copy, along with a ton of star trek scripts.

DaH, tlhIngan Hol vIghItlhnIS, toH vay' vIghItlh. Steven, paq mem
chenmoHwI' SoH'a'?

chay' "library" wImugh? paqqach...

qurgh lungqIj
-------------------------------
Indiana University Libraries ;)

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Steven Boozer wrote:

> In fact, HolQeD is a refereed journal which has actually been catalogued by the
> Library of Congress like any other "legitimate" linguistics journal.  For the
> librarians amongst us, here is the relevant serial record from OCLC (Online
> Catalogue of the Library of Congress - though OCLC is now a separate for-profit
> operation):
>
> <Snipped OCLC record, vImuSmo'!>
>
> AFAIK, Trek fanzines usually aren't catalogued in a national library database
> like this.  This alone raises HolQed above the level of "fanzine".

> Steven L. Boozer                  The University of Chicago Library

Back to archive top level