tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 22 06:47:25 2001

Comments on the negation posting

Hello, everyone!

I think I need to apologize to the list and clarify a couple of
things:

When I reread my posting about the negation research, I noticed that
this posting sounds as if I want you guys to do all the work before I
even read The F***ing Manual. This is *of course* not true. I read
TKD, and at the moment I am working my way through the transcripts of
Power Klingon and Conversational Klingon.

Now I am really interested in the practical side of Klingon negation.
Are some constructs prone to ambiguities, are there things that can't
be expressed? What is cool about Klingon negation and what sucks?

Thank you very much

Daniela
(who hangs her head in shame about looking like some ignorant
newbie...)

Back to archive top level