tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 07 15:11:09 2001

RE: corrected email re:confusion with correct spellings

ja' malqa <[email protected]>:
>Therefore, the name I choose Matok [the hebrew equiv of Myron] which I
>really have no idea ,how it is pronounced [I assumed just remove the 'r'
>as in MaRtok as an example] should really be translated into tlhIngan Hol
>as "mataq' since I *want* the 'ah' sound and not the 'toke' sound.

Where did you find "Matok" as the Hebrew equivalent?  If you can
direct us to the source, we can probably find if it's supposed to be
"mah-tahk", or "mah-toke", or "may-tock", or something else.  {mataq}
is pronounced "mah-tahk", with both syllables having the "ah" sound.
If that's what you want, fine.  If not, let us know what you *do*
intend for it to sound like, and we'll help you

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level