tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 02 15:33:55 2001

RE: KLBC: Drummond Quote

Either Ha'DIbaH is just general abuse, which defeats the parallelism (if you
can have  triple parallelism) or it is misleading and conceals the point of
the quote - obviously animals reason less than Humans and Klingons, but that
is not the point Drummond is making.  He is telling us something about
bigotry - that bigots don't think - he isn't just telling us that not
thinking is a bad thing.
Why not cherghHa'wI' - intolerant person?
qen mu'vam vIlo' - bep pagh.
Also I would use -Qo' in the first part - these are people who choose not to
think though they could if they wanted.  And in the third part it is a rare
opportunity to say -vIp and live, isn't it.  The "slaves" are not just not
willing to think, they are afraid to.

naQSej