tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 02 11:38:33 2001

KLBC: Drummond Quote

bImeqbe'chugh, Ha'DIbaH SoH.  bImeqlaHbe'chugh, bIDugh.
bImeqqangbe'chugh, toy'wI''a' SoH.

--English--
If you do not reason, you are an animal. If you cannot reason,
you are a fool. If you are not willing to reason, you are a
slave.

The original quotation (which I am desperately trying NOT to
butcher) is from Sir William Drummond:
"He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and
he who dares not is a slave."

1. I have chosen the word {Ha'DIbaH}, as I did not find "bigot"
in TKD. Any suggestions?

2. What is the proper way to handle a double consonant like "q"?
In the word {bImeqqangbe'chugh}, where the suffix {-qang} meets
the verb {meq}, I presume it's proper to keep them both,
correct?

Qapla'
David