tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 30 12:29:44 2001

was: `dative' / KLBC

<snip>

> ja' pIl'o':
> >DloraH,  teH mu'lIj. 'ach QIpbe' *your average Trekkie*.
>
> Do'Ha' 'utbe' yab val.
> roD Hol buSqangbe' Hov leng ngotlhwI' motlh.
> ja'chuqDaq Dojbe' tlhIngan Hol jatlhmeH laH.

a typo? did you mean to write <ja'chuqDI'>?

> laH cha' nav neHlaw'.

If the <cha'> is noun, "two", then I don't understand the sentence. If it is the
homonym (is that the right word?) verb form wouldn't it need a verb syntactic
marker like <-bogh>?

> <snip>
> >not DuSaQDaq Hol pab vIghoj.
> >        (or should I use the double negative <vIghojbe'>?)
>
> Nope.  Klingon doesn't employ double negatives.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

loQ  jImISlI'.   Do you mean two negatives mean a positive, two negatives are the
negative emphasized or two negatives are ungrammatical, therefore forbidden?
                                pIl'o'

Back to archive top level