tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 06 16:58:44 2001

RE: the word `dative'

> ...it amazes me sometimes
> the convolutions people will go through to avoid saying ``suffix 5 is the
> case marker and -vaD is the dative case''.

These bits of information are to help the non-linguistic beginners.
The public schools around here do not teach these terms.
Your average trekkie that's thinking of attempting to learn klingon does not
know these term.
The people I've spoken to so far about learning klingon have enough trouble
with words like:  subject, object, pronoun, suffix, ...

DloraH

Back to archive top level