tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 26 12:47:00 2001

RE: jIchu'... (KLBC)

mara' said:

> <mara'> 'oH pongwIj'e'

Welcome to the list, mara'! I'm taD, the current Beginner's Grammarian. It's
my job to help beginners here with Klingon. You can add the letters "KLBC"
to your subject line whenever you want me to check your work, or if you have
a question about how to say something in Klingon. If you're a little unsure
whether you said something properly in Klingon, you can also include what
you were trying to say, in English. This will make it easier for me to make
sure that you say what you are trying to say.

Your sentence is fine, grammatically. majQa'. Note that in The Klingon
Dictionary, on page 58, there is a list of some Klingon names. The Klingon
name {mara} doesn't have a {'} at the end of it. You can spell your name
however you want. Just be aware that {mara'} also means "We command (in
general)", while {mara} doesn't mean anything in Klingon other than a name.

Qapla'!

- taD

Back to archive top level