tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 23 11:41:23 2001

Re: Klingon WOTD: HIj (v)

: Klingon word:      HIj
: Part of Speech:    verb
: Definition:        deliver, transport goods
: Additional Notes:  TKD Addendum

As used in canon (sort of):

  rura' penteDaq Soj Doch <yuS?> vIqIch.
  We is condemning food...things and supplies to Rura Penthe. ST6

N.B. This is Uhura's mangled, error-filled Klingon response to Morska outpost's
routine inquiry, {nuqDaq ghoS?}.  Notice she said {vIqIch} "condemn" for
{vIHIj}.  Also, the subtitle refers to "we", but she pretty clearly (to me)
says "vI-".

  yIHmey DaHIj'a'?
   Are you transporting tribbles?
  ghobe', yIHmey vIHIjbe'.
   No, I'm not transporting tribbles. CK

: See also {lup}.

{lup} "transport" - presumably people.  A {lupDujHom} is a shuttlecraft, a
{lupwI'} is a jitney (i.e a type of bus/trolley car/etc. in CK).

See also {qeng} "carry, convey" - presumably things.  A {qengwI'} refers to the
stock of a disruptor rifle in SkyBox S14.  A {tepqengwI'} is a cargo carrier (a
type of spacecraft) in TKD, but a cargo lift (judging by the drawing, a type of
crane) in the BoP Poster.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons