tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 19 16:44:57 2001

Qov in the news

A reporter interviewed me last week about my Klingon class at the
community centre starting next week.  The article has just been
published.  If you've never been interviewed by the media you'll be
confused by the factual inaccuracy, but she got the gist of it, and
was actually interested in the language, not just the weirdness.
She combined Marc Okrand and Lawrence into one person (well,
maybe they'd both fit). My favourite is that she came up with three
different ways incorrect to spell "tlhIngan".  Next time I go to an
interview I'll bring a typed "fact sheet" to give to the reporter.

The paper is on the web at http://www.westender.com, it's a front
page article.  Look for the picture that looks like a really dorky
version of me.

Robyn Stewart or Ivana Niseteo
Library - NLK Consultants Inc.
855 Homer Street, Vancouver BC V6B 5S2