tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 20 02:10:14 2001

Re: Qov in the news

20 Jan 2001 ja' Qov:

> She combined Marc Okrand and Lawrence into one person (well,
> maybe they'd both fit).

jIjangmeH pagh vIjatlh (!) , ach yajHa'DI' Daj QonoS ghelwI':

# The origins of Klingon come from Philadelphia professor and linguist
# Marc Okrand, who was asked by professors to invent the language in the
# late 1980s.

Holmaj 'ogh*Ha'* Okrand ghaytan 'e' lupoQ 'op Holtejpu'...

> The paper is on the web at http://www.westender.com, it's a front
> page article.  Look for the picture that looks like a really dorky
> version of me.

loQ vIghov... :-)

rInDI' QonoS jabbI'ID bIjatlh:

# "There are some complete nerds (at the qep'a's)" she
# says, "But there are so few people who speak Klingon you can't afford to
# say, "I don't want to talk to this guy because he's weird."

DaH, United States Dat ghelchoHlI' qep'a'Daq lughoSpu'bogh ghotpu''e':
"jIHneS'a'? jIHneS'a'?" :-)

Qov, majQa'! reH yIQaptaH!

--
Nick Nicholas. TLG, UCI, USA. [email protected]; www.tlg.uci.edu/~opoudjis
 Many among their proselytes had sold their lands and houses to increase

Back to archive top level