tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 15 21:48:01 2001

RE: KLBC - targhmey

Koraxis said:

> targhoy vIbang

There is only one problem with this sentence - {bang} is listed only as a
noun in TKD, and not as a verb. We don't have a single Klingon word to
express the english verb "love".
So in order to say "I love the targie", you have a couple options:
You could find a verb that you can use in your original sentence, and put it
in the blank: {targhoy vI____}. Maybe {targhoy vIparHa'} "I like the
targie".
You could also use {bang}, as long as you use it as a noun. To say "The
targie is my beloved", you can look at the middle of page 68 of TKD to see
how to say that one noun is another noun. In this case, you would say:
{bangwIj 'oH targhoy'e'} "The targie is my loved one."

> From my guess, (probably nothing already thought of), the targ are not
> only
> kept as pets but are kept in same fashion as we keep cattle. Also, they
> roam
> free across Qo'noS. I recall a Voyager episode where a scoop was employed
> on
> assault vehicals that emitted a loud shrill the dispersed the targ herds
> from the vehicals path.
>
> I once read somewhere they are vicious and destuctive and very smelly and
> come in a variety of colors and patterns regarding fur.

In the Klingon CD-ROM game, the Klingons serve {targh tIq} ("heart of targ")
as food. I don't much else about targs, though. If you have any other
comments or questions about targs, it's a good topic for practicing in
Klingon. For example, you could answer the questions: Are they loyal pets?
How many do you have? What is heart of targ like? etc.

Qapla'!

- taD

Back to archive top level