tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 11 21:07:37 2001

Hov 'oHbe' Qo'noS'e' (was Re: KLBC: Qu'wIj)

ja' peHruS:
>...In the case of tlhIng, whose sun is Qo'noS, the
>name of the sun applies to the entire solar system, and has become the common
>way to identify the planet.

Qo'.  qarHa'chu' ngoDqoqlIj.

Hov Hovtay' ghap 'oHbe' Qo'noS'e'.  tlhIngan wo' yuQ'a' 'oHbejqu'.
roD 'oHvaD juHqo''e' ponglu'.  tlhIngan juHqo'Daq yoS neH 'oH tlhIng'e'.

No way.  {Qo'noS} "Kronos" is not a star or star system.  It is officially
the name of the principal *planet* of the Klingon Empire, and the common
way to identify it is actually "the Homeworld" (Skybox trading card S27 and
the Star Trek Encyclopedia).  {tlhIng} "Kling" is just a district on the
Homeworld (the Bird of Prey poster and the Star Trek Encyclopedia).

[Off-screen material apparently suggests that the Homeworld's star is known
as Amrita, but I'm not treating that as anything more than speculation.]

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level