tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 11 10:05:07 2001

Re: More proverbs

jatlh De'vID:
> qech Qub yab 'ej lajbe'laH, vaj nIvqu' yab.
> 						-- Aristotle
> ("It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain
> a thought without accepting it.")
>
> Comments?

nIvchugh yab, QIv nuq? QIv'a' qech?

i.e., in my mind you don't say what is superior to what.
a possible reading of your Klingon sentence is

"Minds think thoughts and they can reject them.
Thus, minds are quite superior."

see my point?

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq