tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 11 09:35:02 2001

Re: Grammar Highlight Each Day (he/she/it as subject)

> He/She/It as subject of a Klingon sentence:
>
> 'el = he/she/it enters (no object)
> 'el = he/she/it enters (object noun may be placed before the verb)
> yaS ghaH = he/she is an officer
> Doch 'oH = it is a thing
> [use ghaH when referring to beings capable of language; use 'oH when
> referring to things not capable of language]
>
> peHruS

in the light of recent GHEDs, it makes me wonder why you don't
mention first and second person objects here...
mulegh, Dulegh, nulegh and lIlegh don't seem so far out...
so, any particular reason?

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq
                                           [email protected]