tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 06 12:53:05 2001

RE: Grammar Highlight Each Day (-vaD)

peHruS:
> >The noun suffix, type 5 {-vaD} covers both the dative and allative concepts
> >of English.

SarrIS:
> I can see these terms as useful for a discussion among
> linguists of Klingon grammar. I'm somewhat puzzled that you
> seem to think these terms will somehow make beginners less
> intimidated or more understanding of the grammar.

I agree with SarrIS here.  I've been catching up on the Grammar
Highlight posts, and I've had quite the bit of difficulty with
your terminology.  I just can't imagine a beginner whose only
language is English with no training in linguistics making heads or
tails of words like "allative concepts".  And those are the people
that the highlights are supposed to help, right?

--
De'vID