tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 17 16:30:26 2001

Re: Gary & Mike

lab SuSvaj:

> I think it's more likely that this is a matter of
> mispronunciation on the part of the speakers.  It's also true that
> transliteration is especialy hard here due to the fact that it is a
> claymated show.  You can't get visual clues from watching their mouths.

Whoops, I misunderstood.  I thought we were working with closed captions or
other text provided BY THE SHOW.  *Now* I realize that is a phonetic
transcription by the list member and I'm impressed by a) the pronunciation
by the actors and b) the transcriber's ear for it.  Speaking Klingon is
evidently the ultimate geek thing to do, these days.

Qatlh, ngoDHommey buS, 'ej lo'laHbe'qu'chu'.  vIparHa'.  :)

Qov

Back to archive top level