tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 15 18:13:01 2001

Re: muvHa'meH mIw / unsubscribe instructions

>From [email protected] Thu Feb 15 21:37:27 2001
>From: [email protected]
>Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:08:32 EST
>To: [email protected]
>
>jatlh Susan:
>>the information is there.  But *why* do you expect people to go
>>looking for information that they cannot see?  How are they supposed
>>to know to go there and look for it?
>
>I know that you don't want to hear this, but unsubscribe instructions
>are very clear. The initial message explains the procedure. So does the
>FAQ. So does every message on the list. People simply need to pay
>attention when they subscribe.

Show me where the unsubscribe message is in this email.  Headers are the
default *Intact* headers of my mailer.  I happen to be one of the unfortunate
few that doesn't remember every word of every email that I've ever read.
However, I do keep all of my email -- other people don't have that
luxury because of disk space limitation.  Even if you do keep all of your
mail -- *stuff* happens.  Hard drives die.  Files get accidentaly deleted.
Unsubscribe instructions should be visible via a closing tag at the end
of every message that will show up in *all* mailers -- whether you know
how to find the message or not.

Back to archive top level